Handbook - 2017 Annual Conference
North Georgia Annual Conference Handbook Deadline March 31, 2017
Reports for the 2017 North Georgia Annual Conference Handbook
- Email to Conference Secretary at email@example.com by March 31, 2017.
- Prepare a one-page summary report. Note any connections with the 2017 theme: “Show Your Work – Worship that Inspires Action.”
- Clearly identify any action(s) and/or vote requested of the annual conference
- Reports may be edited for space as needed.
- Do NOT include logos, photos, letterhead or signatures on report.
- Do NOT use “Track Changes” or edit feature at any point in the preparation of report. Do not use subscript or superscript, commonly used for footnotes and endnotes. Use in-text citations if needed. Please limit the use of boldface type.
- Use Word software.
- Use 14-point type, Times New Roman font.
- Single space format for report.
- Margins: top 1.25”; bottom 1”; left 1”; right 1.25”.
- Include name, position, phone number and email of contact person for report.
Guidelines Regarding Content: To facilitate the development of a concise, complete, accurate, and professional publication and to be effective stewards of funds provided for printing, please use the following guidelines:
- Reports will be part of the historical record of the North Georgia Conference.
- In preparing reports, ask these questions to determine what to include or exclude: What purpose does this report serve for my readers? Have I included ONLY the material essential to that purpose, or am I distracting readers with unessential information? Are the facts pertinent, reliable, accurate, complete, and current?
- Make reports accurate and complete but as concise as feasible in consideration of your purpose, your readers’ time and the space limitations.
Supplemental Materials Guidelines
North Georgia Conference Guidelines limit contents of supplemental materials, i.e. “tote bags” to: addenda, amendments or correction to the contents of the pre-conference handbook or material requiring conference action. See page 31 of the 2016 North Georgia Conference Journal for additional information. Utilize display tables for all other promotional, marketing, interpretive and/or educational materials.
Display Table Request Deadline May 1, 2017
The deadline to request display table space is May 1, 2017. No requests can be considered after that date. See conference website for policy statement, guidelines and request form.